A&H Digital Desk

Scouse Dave

I took a look at the iLive today. When I was there the 172 was out of action and so I had a quick play with the 112.

The touchscreen part of the control surface is indeed run off of a linux distro - I managed to catch a glimpse of tux suring the boot up screen of the 172 when it was out of action.

I have to say it wasnt at all what I was expecting from A&H - im not really sure if I like it. I am a big fan of the PM5D so the non-Yamaha interface was a bit of a shock hehehe...

However, if this desk is indeed going to compete with the PM5D I think it may have trouble. I mean, Yamaha really have made it to the top of the playing field with their digital consoles - they have been making them since forever after all... But the iLive control surface, while quite intuitave, doesn't have as much direct control at your fingertips as the PM5D or PM1D - not by a long way. However, it is more compact, perhaps that will be a redeeming feature. I have to agree with previous comments though - its gonna be tough to de-throne the Yamaha and DiGiCo dominated high-end digital market, A&H might have had an easier ride had they produced something to compete with the TT24 or the new Yamaha M7CL (which is absolutely fantastic, but thats another thread... :unsure:).

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out... (Pun intended :D)

I've said it once and I'll say it again - price! If A&H can undercut Yamaha and DiGiCo by £20k or so (and I'm guessing they will), then they'll gain a lot of market share purely on that. It doesn't look like a bad console by any stretch of the imagination, but only time will tell on that...

I liked the look of the MC7L - didn't get to have a play with that one though. The interface does look pretty intuitive, does anyone know the pricing of it?

I liked the look of the MC7L - didn't get to have a play with that one though. The interface does look pretty intuitive, does anyone know the pricing of it?

Ive been told by a reliable source that it will list at around 13k. That makes it cheaper than buying say a soundcraft MH4 + outboard, or and ML4000/5000 and outboard - could be a real winner...

Oh my gosh its good (MC7L)

You are going to buy lots of them trust me. I ordered our sales/demo unit on the spot. People... its a total non brainer.

We are going to be VERY busy with this one. Price is about 20K Euro for the bigger one in Europe so the prices being talked around 15K are right... less for the smaller one.

I'll let you know when it arrives. Meanwhile... see you PM5D people next Tuesday.

Cheers

Mark

Ive been told by a reliable source that it will list at around 13k. That makes it cheaper than buying say a soundcraft MH4 + outboard, or and ML4000/5000 and outboard - could be a real winner...

Oh my gosh its good (MC7L)

You are going to buy lots of them trust me. I ordered our sales/demo unit on the spot. People... its a total non brainer.

We are going to be VERY busy with this one.  Price is about 20K Euro for the bigger one in Europe so the prices being talked around 15K are right... less for the smaller one.

I'll let you know when it arrives. Meanwhile... see you PM5D people next Tuesday.

Cheers

Mark

I have to agree, I did bump into Colin and Andy Scott while I was there and had a demo of it. I felt I had to since it was all Phil Goldsworthy from wigwam was talking about for the whole of Soul Survivor!! :blink:

If soul survivor church goes digital I know we'll be getting one of these...

Archived