Source 4 Lens Tubes

johnhuson

Hi All,

As a hire company we keep more Source 4 lens tubes in stock then we do fixtures to allow us flexibility. Just wondering if there was anyone else on here who had the same situation and if they did how do they store their tubes when not in use.

At the moment we store ours in the boxes they came in and re-label the boxes each time. It does become a pain though as you can't always rely on the label on the box being right. We also seal the boxes with gaffa tape to keep the dust out, so this makes it worse identifiying the lens.

Anyway have any easy soloutions to this??

Hello Mate I do the same thing...

I have 6 Source4 units and 6 * 5deg and 6 * 10deg lenses.

I very simply store my lenses on a shelf with some foam on it. On the other hand you could look at a custom flightcase. As for kepping out dust, I just insure I have a clean warehouse.

I guess for dust issues, you could store them in a cupboard of some sort.

What sort of quantities are these?

Some type of a closed-door cabinet (industrial, metal style) should keep a majority of the dust out (unless you are doing a lot of wood work near it :** laughs out loud **: ). I have double-sided taped carpet strips to the shelf for protection, labeled the shelf front by lens tube degree, and stored them clip-down.

An other solution, albeit a bit of a pain, is just a plain shelf with a blanket to cover the tops.

-w

Archived