stand alone mover

themadhippy

Looking for a stand alone moving head that can run a pre programed sequence without having a desk attached ,I have used some flavour of madscan a few years ago for a simaler project but cant rember the details . The unit must be able to take a custom gobo,must be fairly bright ,and must be fairly easy to hire in the london area.

Any ideas

Looking for a stand alone moving head that can run a pre programed sequence without having a desk attached ,I have used some flavour of  madscan a few years ago for a simaler project but cant rember the details . The unit must be able to take a custom gobo,must be fairly bright ,and must be fairly easy to hire in the london area.

Any ideas

try martin image scan can be pre programed and takes 35mm slides

The VL2000 spot range is a very bright (700w MSR) unit and readily available all over the UK

VL Greenford make gobos for these units as do a few other companies.

The unit can be programmed to run stand alone or you can programme it with a desk, record the cues in the light and take the desk away.

You can set the unit to strike automaticly so you could put it on a 13A supply with a timer in line so you can just walk away.

of course with this unit you can have 11 colour choices, rotate the gobo, mix it with another gobo and have iris and zoom control.

All goos really

I have done all of this before worked great, also works with a MIDI input.

Contact PRG for a demo is you need one.

Hope this helps.

we (EVL) do an equivalent of the old mad imp. in fact all our movers are stand alone, limited to 48 scenes tho. ( the old mad imp had 10) . all movers also have interchangable gobo's. pm me and I'll let you know of some rental companies in london.

The highend Studiospot 250 and technobeam also have an on-board memory. This can be programmed via a desk, using snapshots of DMX, or the long-winded approach of inputting it in via the yesnoupdown buttons.

Neg, Siyan, RML, LSD (PRG?? PSL?? one of the two), most guys stock this kit or can get it pretty sharpish.

Hope this helps.

K.

Archived