"Locking" Scenes on Qu16

sandall

A church I'm distantly involved with has a Qu16, using 2 of the Mix busses to feed 2 separate speaker systems for mics & music. The "default" setup is saved as a Scene, which works fine for the regular operators, but from time to time a visiting knob-twiddler will manage to overwrite this default Scene, which is when I get a phone call. Does anyone know a way of locking a Scene, without also locking the channel faders? (A&H introduced Permissions in v.1.4, but they basically work as all or nothing)

One technique that we've sometimes used is storing a "backup" copy of the scene somewhere out of the way, possibly in multiple slots. 

From a troubleshooting perspective, if the customer is halfway competent they can be instructed to, say, load up Scene 99, and save it back over Scene 1 to get things back to normal. Might save you a trip out to site. 

I'd second Stuart's suggestion... Having a backup scene that is password protected is fairly easy to do and probably needs to be there (and saved to USB stick as well) should ever the desk have a hiccup during firmware updates etc.

Alternatively, a separate scene could be loaded when the visiting guy is expected, so he can save over his own scene with impunity!?

Is user level control implemented on the church's desk?

Thanks both. I've just been looking at my email exchange with A&H after I put it in. Basically they couldn't (wouldn't?) offer anything between password-protected Admin, which was too restrictive, & (unprotected) User, which leaves everything vulnerable. I was hoping someone might have discovered an unofficial work-round. In the meantime it has been, as suggested, a case of keeping out-of-sight copies of the wanted scene. The church users are totally non-technical, & seem incapable of reading even the largest-font Dymo labels about checking they have the right scene loaded, & about powering-down before hitting the wall-switch (or alternatively not leaving the whole system powered-up all week with no ventilation).