Snow machine starting up on its own

lindon

Hi, don't know if anyone can help but I have a little rage 1800 snow machine I use at Christmas in the garden (kids love it) but this year its started running on its own - I switch the power on and after about 5 -7 seconds, it starts running until I switch the power off. Is this something anyone can give me a tip with please. Sorry if its the wrong place to ask. Thanks 

Could be a s simple as a faulty 'start' switch. Could you provide a little more info, such as how you would normally start the snow? E.g. is it a wired remote with a larg-ish square switch or maybe a smaller button. Is it radio remote... etc.

Edited by sleah

7 hours ago, lindon said:

Hi, don't know if anyone can help but I have a little rage 1800 snow machine I use at Christmas in the garden (kids love it) but this year its started running on its own - I switch the power on and after about 5 -7 seconds, it starts running until I switch the power off. Is this something anyone can give me a tip with please. Sorry if its the wrong place to ask. Thanks 

Does the button lock on this model? I'd expect it to be quicker than 5 second if it is simply 'on'

I have the use of BeamZ 900 and rage1000 machines and the fixed cable remote on both is locking and both pretty much used exclusively by locking on and only applying mains when snow is required, both  start as instantly in that mode as powered then operate the button mode though.

Edited by sunray

3 hours ago, sunray said:

Does the button lock on this model? I'd expect it to be quicker than 5 second if it is simply 'on'

I have the use of BeamZ 900 and rage1000 machines and the fixed cable remote on both is locking and both pretty much used exclusively by locking on and only applying mains when snow is required, both  start as instantly in that mode as powered then operate the button mode though.

In fact all the remote button does is turn on the mains.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, I have had 3 of these machines and they have all had control failures, as an experiment I stripped them and directly wired the fan and pump straight to mains incomming and controlled them from a switched extension cable, then as further messing about I tried the same but straight to a 110v supply transformer, I measured the current ect and they worked with loads of snow and a quiet fan speed, so thats how all 3 of mine are now used .