get out payments for "subsidised Productions"

Digger65

Hi forum

we are being told that any subsidised visiting productions are not subject to BECTU/TMA get out recharges?

While, we arent a full BECTU house or have BECTU contracts we do operate get outs at the current  rates 

I have tried to find this information but cannot see any reference to it anywhere 

has anyone come across this before?

I just wish to get my information correct before any further action on this 

I was aware of exceptions for puppet shows, shows going to or coming from houses with less than 500 cap and Rep but not aware of any exceptions around subsidised theatre, RSC and National both pay outs or certainly used to 

many thanks in adv

D

Get-Outs 3.3.3.1

Definition And Scope

3.3.3.1.1 A “Get-Out” shall mean and include where required by the Management the dismantling and removal by the Theatre’s Stage and Electrical Staff (and Wardrobe Staff if required) from the theatre and (other than for storage purposes in the case of Companies presenting productions in repertoire) the loading (not necessarily on the same day) on to vehicles after a Company’s final performance of its scenery, properties, costumes, effects and electrical equipment at any time and on any day belonging to a Visiting Management or a Resident Management for the purpose of playing another venue.

3.3.3.1.2 These provisions shall not apply to shows operating under Equity/TIE Contracts and Puppet Shows or to theatres operating under Equity Subsidised Repertory or NonSubsidised Repertory Agreements except when a show is being transferred to play at another theatre (whether or not the Repertory Company is presenting it) or the scenery is being sold immediately as a whole to another Management for subsequent theatrical use.

From the BECTU-TMA agreement. If you're not a BECTU house then ultimately it comes down to the contract between their producer/booking agent and your booker/producer.

On 11/20/2023 at 10:37 PM, J Pearce said:

From the BECTU-TMA agreement. If you're not a BECTU house then ultimately it comes down to the contract between their producer/booking agent and your booker/producer.

Not necessarily even this - it should be in the terms and conditions between the worker and the employer. I would really hope the producer is not in a position to dictate the contractual terms of workers of other employers! 

@Digger65 your employer should have a definition of when get-out rates apply and this should be part of your contract so you should already have access to this. The bookers may have their own criteria and ability to set themselves as a subsidised show or otherwise but this should not affect how you and your colleagues get paid