Martin Rush Multibeam2

Ed Kaz

I am going old school and set up some Martin mulitbeam 2's (16). 15 work great but one does not. When it switches from "black out" or just powering on the fixture I have movement BUT no light output from any leds. If a reset is performed the fixture will work properly until the next blackout or power cycle? Has anyone come across this? Would replacing  the main board (Main board Multibeam 2 50480669) control the switching for lights on?

Thanks

Ed 

So are you saying that there's no light output, but then the entire fixture works normally after you send a DMX reset command, until you set the LEDs to blackout, at which point the LEDs no longer work again?

Edited by timsabre

On 10/8/2023 at 4:26 PM, Ed Kaz said:

I have movement BUT no light output from any leds.

Is there a "move whilst dark" option somewhere?

I got caught out by this on some movers from another brand. Someone had hired them from me for a theatre show, using them as specials so the "move whilst dark" made perfect sense. 

In some kind of programming glitch, the setting stayed in effect, even when there was no DMX present and the movers were running in standalone mode. Had me scratching my head for quite a while. You could see that the lamps were on inside the fixtures, so I was suspecting jammed shutters etc. before I figured it out. 

It does not have move while dark, according to the manual. But it doesn't have DMX Reset command either, so I am not sure what he means by "if a reset is performed".
It does have blackout on DMX loss which is the default setting, but he said the pan/tilt continues to work while it is stuck in blackout, so that doesn't sound like it.

Don't suppose they have a battery for the eprom memory? I ask because my TV died last night & I pulled out an analogue set & a Freeview box (which was programmed for a different area). Rescanning worked fine for about 5 mins, then, whatever button I pressed, it reverted to the previous channels. I finally worked out that there must be a battery that has died while it was in storage. Unfortunately it looks like I will need a hacksaw to get at it (a 2nd box rescanned fine, but then "lost signal" after about 10 mins! Ho hum).

The way I am using these fixtures is thru a DMX relay to take advantage of the built- in sound activated programs and Blacking out fixtures when a DMX signal is present. Every works great but one fixtures does not lite when switched.  If the fixture is reset it will work for a while but have no light output intermittently? Was just going to try to narrow it down to a board but not sure which one would control led light switching... Thanks for the replies!

30 minutes ago, Ed Kaz said:

The way I am using these fixtures is thru a DMX relay to take advantage of the built- in sound activated programs and Blacking out fixtures when a DMX signal is present. Every works great but one fixtures does not lite when switched. 

So turn off the feature to check if this a DMX receive problem. Trying to guess a board is gonna be less successful than verification of the symptoms. You'll get better advice if you included this detail in the first place. 

If the fault still occurs with the Blackout feature turned off, I would check if there is a reason for some kind of thermal shutdown - real or imagined.

Edited by indyld