Experience

Beacon

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any good theatres I could spend the day with during a show to see what goes into big production. I’m 15 and taking a Lighting GCSE soon. I have always been interested in Lighting, but have only taken part in smaller, low budget shows put on by my school.

Like I said before anyone know of a good theatre that would be willing to let my watch and learn about Large lighting. I would have done it as Work Experience but my school doesn't do Work Experience.

J

I don't know where you are, but if you're in the Greater London area you could do worse than just ringing round some stage doors, or firing off a letter to the Head Electrician/Head of Stage.

If you're not in London, just make a list of your nearby theatres and give them a try. I'm sure if you make sure you speak to the right person, they'll be happy to help.

Cheers

--N

I don't know where you are, but if you're in the Greater London area you could do worse than just ringing round some stage doors, or firing off a letter to the Head Electrician/Head of Stage.

If you're not in London, just make a list of your nearby theatres and give them a try. I'm sure if you make sure you speak to the right person, they'll be happy to help.

Cheers

--N

I’m just South of Northampton, 1hr away from London. I can get to the West End via a train journey and Tube ride, maybe ill consider that.

J

well milton keynes is just down the roade as is northamptons derngate and royal,dont forget roadmenders if you want try  a bit of rock +roll

Ive been Derngate before, when I was acting in a show. I was just looking for something different.

J

If you'll work free, and once you're sixteen, most(ish) places will let you hang around and make tea, sweep up and so on.#

This might not seem like lx experience but it'll get you in and its how most of the best techys I know got in. I did for instance.

I'm still climbing but by working free I've done some interesting stuff.#

Owen

If you'll work free, and once you're sixteen, most(ish) places will let you hang around and make tea, sweep up and so on.#

This might not seem like lx experience but it'll get you in and its how most of the best techys I know got in. I did for instance.

I'm still climbing but by working free I've done some interesting stuff.#

Owen

SOunds cool, thats the sort of thing I was looking for, well next year. At the moment its just seeing what goes into the shows.

J

well milton keynes is just down the roade as is northamptons derngate and royal,dont forget roadmenders if you want try  a bit of rock +roll

Ive been Derngate before, when I was acting in a show. I was just looking for something different.

J

You could try Derngate, acting there is different to seeing how the lighting is done for a show. They constantly have work experience in.

I did work experience there a couple of years ago, which was a really good experience. Now I followspot there and by that I am learning about how different shows work.

If you want to PM me I can give you some names of people to get in touch with. ;)

Archived