Qu16 FX on mix outputs

Techie-v2

Hi all,

I'm struggling to get any of the inbuilt fx to come through on my mix outputs.

Using the normal process I can get them on the main L+R output but when I raise the fx1 or 2 return fader on my min 19+10 output I don't get an fx. I have read through the manual but must be missing something.

I have tried all sorts of things, too many to list here, but playing with the routing, assigning the fx to the mix outputs..

Can anyone think of the simple thing I must be missing?

Thanks

Think I figured it out. I had to raise the channel fader on the main L+R mix, even though the mix was muted, then I got the effect coming through on the mix outputs.

maybe there's a routing setting somewhere that means I don't need to do this?

21 hours ago, technician-v2 said:

Think I figured it out. I had to raise the channel fader on the main L+R mix, even though the mix was muted, then I got the effect coming through on the mix outputs.

The send to the FX is usually Post Fader. You could change it to Pre Fader but this may open up a whole world of headache as the FX level will not track changes in the channel fader. If you're mixing for monitor wedges it's best to have a dedicated FX for the monitor mix.

Edited by vlfaudio
changed "level" to "channel fader" for clarity