LED floods recommendations

mrtc

For line dimming on standard theatre dimmers? If so, I suspect whatever you get, you'll be disappointed. They pop off on the way out and pop on on the way in, and don't tend to dim linearly.

Or are you're looking for something that takes hard power and a DMX signal?

I would recommend going with something DMX. There is nothing "mains dimmed" that will fade smoothly to black, if that's what you are looking for.

You don't say how bright or big it needs to be but I have seen these Eurolite fixtures used as houselights (just an example supplier). They have 2x35W led, light output is about equivalent to a 300W par56 fixture and beam angle is also similar to a par56 MFL.

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/led-bar/eurolite-led-cbb-2-cob-ww-bar

1560063266Eurolite_51930276a.jpg

• Upvote 1

Is this for pre show?

Place I used to work in used Birdies with tungsten lamps. They create a nice ambience.

Where I am now, I use them with LED lamps but not dimmed. As it happens, I ordered some dimmable LED G10 lamps to try.

I doubt that they will smoothly dim to dbo but just a suggestion? 

If you are looking for a nice led GU10 to dim then try the showtec sunstrip LED lamp. These warm on fade out and are damped at the bottom of the range meaning that you get a nice smooth fade to black. They are more expensive than your average GU10, but they are equivalent in output to around 75W halogen and are certainly the best looking in terms of tungsten replacement that I have seen. They are designed to be run in sunstrip actives that have simple triac dimming.

In regards to houselights, similar but on a larger scale, look out chauvet strike type fittings, there are now quite a few that have a nice warm glow out at the bottom of the range and are plenty bright enough for bright working light and subtle enough for warm cozy dimmed states. We have a load of the 2 cell blinder style ADJ Encore Burst 200's that do an excellent job of replacing 1300W tungsten halogen for 220W.