Behringer X32 - insert on Main

tomo2607

Morning folks.

im sure I’ve just overlooked something, but I can’t seem to figure this out… I want to use an external EQ on my master LR. Trying to do this as an insert, as the outboard rack is by the desk and the main output is fed to the amps on stage via s32.

My issue, is that if I add an insert to the main LR, it only seems to apply to the left channel. 
Currently I have aux 1 set as the insert, aux 1 out to the EQ unit, returned on aux 1 in. But it only applies to the left side of the master… 

has anyone else wanted / needed to do this? And did you have the same issue? Have I missed something obvious? 

thanks in advance.

I've never tried an insert across the L/R, but having just fired up X32Edit, yes that is interesting! You can't insert a stereo FX unit either.

Quick workaround would be to route all channels to Bus 1&2 in stereo, put your insert there, then route that bus to L/R (or just direct to the stagebox).

Just watching this. They mention a lot about stereo linking the aux channels. Did you do that?

Your requirement must be easy to do surely, we just have to find the way!

Edited by kgallen

10 hours ago, J Pearce said:

Or - even better, route the L/R to Matrix 1/2 and apply your insert there before routing to stagebox. That's much cleaner.

I hadn’t considered that, but that would solve the issue. Though, if the option for an insert on the LR is available, you would have expected it to apply on both channels.

9 hours ago, kgallen said:

Just watching this. They mention a lot about stereo linking the aux channels. Did you do that?

Your requirement must be easy to do surely, we just have to find the way!

I have views that video, but I haven’t actually tried this linking the aux channels. I’ll give it a go tomorrow. Though not sure if it will work if the insert selection on the LR only allows for one aux choice. Worth a go though, I’ll report back.