Software update scheduled downtime

Bryson

Hi All,

I have a software update to apply to the forum.  (Yay, we get software updates these days!) Last time I did one it took all of about 3 minutes, but who knows if this one will be the same.

I plan to take the forum offline to run the update at Midnight GMT tonight, for as long as it takes me to apply the software update.  My hope is that will be 5 minutes or less.

Thanks!

• Bryson unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello again,

I once again have a software update to apply to the forum.  

I plan to take the forum offline to run the update at Midnight GMT tonight, for as long as it takes me to apply the software update.  The previous ones have been a 5 minute process, but who knows what the future may hold?

Thanks!

• Bryson pinned and featured this topic

...And we're back.

I ended up doing it at 1AM GMT rather than Midnight, and a couple of you were STILL logged in.  Oh my. 😉 

Let me know if anything looks weird.  It claims it changed my CSS, but I don't see a change...

• Upvote 2

• Bryson unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

There's another one!  It's like they're still actively working on the software or something.

So, yes, the Forum will be down briefly (hopefully) at Midnight BST Tonight (Weds 6th into Thursday 7th April 2022.)

Thanks all!

• Bryson pinned and featured this topic

So...I may have forgotten to do this last night, but good news, I did it tonight instead.

We're all done.  I see new stuff in the title bar.  It's very exciting. 

• Bryson unpinned and unfeatured this topic