Yamaha DME for Windows 10

Lamplighter

I recently upgraded my computer from windows 7 to windows 10. I found that I can't connect to Yamaha LS 9 mixer as the DME driver is out of date. Yamaha have issued an updated DME driver.

The question is what is the correct way to install the new driver? It won't install over the existing version and I can't remove it using Uninstall. Am I missing something. I haven't found anything helpful on the Yamaha website.

Brian

You may have to uninstall it via control panel -> add and remove programs

open my computer and click on the address bar and type in control panel  you may see it show up as you type it if it does click on it. you now should see an option uninstall a program , click it now you should be able to look at the list and then uninstall the drivers

If only it we that easy. It won't uninstall, presumably something to do with the Windows operating system being upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10

I have been installing  and de-installing Yamaha Editor + DME software with no problems since 2007. This is the first time it has been a problem.

Has anyone else come unstuck like this?

With the mixer disconnected.

Uninstall the software.

Windows key, device manager. Look at all Sound and USB entries and delete all entries relating to Yamaha, DME, LS9 etc.

REBOOT twice. Then reconnect and let it find the hardware. It may come up 'unable to detect USB device' or similar. Sorry, don't have a Windows machine In front of me, so working from memory 

Then reinstall the software. 

A shot in the dark (& probably a silly question), but is it possible to install the new without uninstalling the old? Not something I've tried since "upgrading" to Windows 10, but at one time I managed to have two versions of MS Office & a few other non-MS programs running side-by-side.

Are you getting any error messages when trying to uninstall. I know with windows 10 some times you have to reboot the pc/laptop before uninstalling software/drivers and also make sure you have the cable unplugged from the pc/laptop thats going to the LS9 before restarting as the software/driver will run when you reboot

Here is another thing I had to do with windows 10 an odd time a driver will not uninstall. This is how to get windows 10 in to safemode and then try and uninstall the drivers/software. It sounds to me that the drivers/software still running in the backround

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Edited by dmxlights