Dead MVS Hazer fan

Zimsquid

Evening All,

I have a Le Maitre MVS Hazer on my hands which has a dead fan. Naturally Le Maitre have been very quiet when contacted about it so I thought I'd try here.

Has anyone come across this issue before?

If so, how did you get around it, was it a fan replacement or Hazer replacement?

If a fan replacement, where did you get the fan from as I have not been able to find any spares for the MVS online - apart from the heater tube.

Any advise and help would be amazing - then I can get this door stop out of my workshop!

There are two fans, so first try to swap the spade connectors around (motor one connectors to motor two) and see if the fan spins or not. If it spins, you can look at swapping the switching components (triac or opto), if it still doesn't spin, then it needs a fan motor replacement.

Edited by Cicero
Clarity
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ninjadingle said:

I'm amazed with what you've said about Le Maitre being quiet - their support when my MVS died was second to none talking me through what to do over the phone so I could get it working for a show that day. Have you tried calling?

I’m not full time at the venue and only work evenings when they are closed, so email is the only way, unless I call in main jobs time……