Antari F7 Smaze Issue

CalebDonovan

Hi brains trust,

I have an F7 Smaze on my workbench currently, that is only emitting small amounts of haze, and usually in standby/clean mode. The block is working fine, it appears to be clear of obstructions, it pumps ok, but when it pumps, all the fluid appears to pump back out the airpump line and into the air pump itself. Which then spills out of the air pump and onto the floor. I would naturally assume the air pump is toast, as it is full of fluid, but before I replace that component, I would like to be sure it won’t happen again. I can’t see a check valve in front of the air pump. Should I be looking at installing a check valve?

I'm not familiar with that exact machine but air pumps normally use a vibrating flap mechanism that would act as a non return valve if there was pressure on the outlet of the pump. Sounds like this has probably disintegrated and a new air pump would fix it.

If you close off the air pump pipe into the block, does it emit smoke then? Obviously it won't be "haze" as it relies on the air throughput to thin out the smoke, but that would at least let you check the heater block is working properly.

I'm not familiar with that exact machine but air pumps normally use a vibrating flap mechanism that would act as a non return valve if there was pressure on the outlet of the pump. Sounds like this has probably disintegrated and a new air pump would fix it.

If you close off the air pump pipe into the block, does it emit smoke then? Obviously it won't be "haze" as it relies on the air throughput to thin out the smoke, but that would at least let you check the heater block is working properly.

Thanks for your reply, Tim. The F7 is a combi faze/fogger. You can flip it to fog mode, and a solenoid closes on the front of the air line, which then enables it to work as a pure fogger. This function works, block operates perfectly, and a thick fog comes out. Unfortunately, with the air pump not operating properly, the faze mode (which is more desired) isn’t working. I’ve opened up this air pump, and after cleaning all the rust and haze fluid out of it, I can’t see a flap at all...I’ve contacted the dealer and apparently they stock this component for the air pump itself. Which is a win. Hopefully this fixes the problem, and we’ve just had a cheap fix.

Edited by CalebDonovan