AES50 from M32 to X32

samchurchill

Hi, I had a problem this morning which I couldn’t solve in time for our church service to start, so we worked around it, but I’m puzzled as, although we haven’t done it before, I think it should have worked. Can anyone spot anything that I’m doing wildly wrong here…

We’ve got 2 x DL16 stage boxes daily-chained going into the AES50-A port of our M32 and I wanted to push all of these inputs to our X32 to do a multi-track recording. I took a (tested) network cable from AES50-B on to M32 to the AES50-A on the X32 and configured the routing on the M32 to send AES50-A 1-32 (in the 4 blocks of 8 channels) to AES50-B 1-32 (again, in 4 blocks). I then checked that the input routing on the X32 was listening to AES50-A 1-32 for the 4 blocks of 8.

Although the M32 was getting the signal fine (which is part of our normal setup), nothing was coming into the X32.

Thanks for any help!

Sam

Although the M32 was getting the signal fine (which is part of our normal setup), nothing was coming into the X32.

Check your AES50 clock settings in Setup > Config tab. I've never tried to link two consoles this way but I guess the X32 will need to be set to use AES 50 port A for synchronisation rather than the default setting of internal clock.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, I’ll look at that next time the kit is out.

This reminds me, it did also show “M32” in the appropriate bit of the X32’s display (top right) and vice versa, so they were detecting each other.

Sam

Was it green or red though?

If it was red it will either be a clock related or sample rate issue.

Was it green or red though?

If it was red it will either be a clock related or sample rate issue.