Looking to replace LED lights

labby

Hi all, I'm looking to replace 40 LED stairville par 56 lamps on a small stage. Not a massive budget but need something with a better colour wash. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm based in the UK. Thanks in advance

Can you describe a bit more what improvement you are looking for over your current lights - do you mean the range of colours available is poor? or the stage coverage is too spotty? Are your current lights the ones with a large number of small 5mm LEDs or with a few larger leds?

The coverage is poor and spotty. They are 10 years old so colour is different due to blues and greens going. The stage is 20ft x 20ft and lights are at approx 12 ft above the stage on 4 bars I currently have 9 stairville par 56 led lights on each of the back 3 bars and 4 par 64 on the front bar with some non led 56s. All other lights are on a bar above the audienc mainly non led.

https://www.mlt.org.im/news/manx-lottery-trust-supports-peel-centenary-centre/

Hi all, I'm looking to replace 40 LED stairville par 56 lamps on a small stage. Not a massive budget but need something with a better colour wash. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm based in the UK. Thanks in advance

For a low budget situation, have you looked at the LEDJ 200 cob? Really wide beam angle, RGBW, 8 channel in basic mode, £169 each.

https://prolight.co.uk/product/ledj490

• 2 weeks later...

For a low budget situation, have you looked at the LEDJ 200 cob? Really wide beam angle, RGBW, 8 channel in basic mode, £169 each.

I took a look at the LEDJ 200 Quad. It is very bright, smooth and wide. However the fan fires up quite quickly once there is light coming out, is a bit noisy compared to many and it doesn’t support RDM. (Although it lights up if it catches a sniff of an RDM discovery sequence). The RGBW saturation is probably no worse (or better) than other cheap non-calibrated fixtures.

If I wanted a fixed angle wide wash and had a limited budget I’d consider them, but probably not for non-music theatre. Get on to Prolight and see if they can demo them.

I took a look at the LEDJ 200 Quad. It is very bright, smooth and wide. However the fan fires up quite quickly once there is light coming out, is a bit noisy compared to many and it doesn’t support RDM. (Although it lights up if it catches a sniff of an RDM discovery sequence). The RGBW saturation is probably no worse (or better) than other cheap non-calibrated fixtures.

If I wanted a fixed angle wide wash and had a limited budget I’d consider them, but probably not for non-music theatre. Get on to Prolight and see if they can demo them.

The fans are a little loud, but for the money they are decent enough if you are on a tight budget.

Anyone who uses Martin sceptron, any one that comes across a zr44 that has dodgy dip switches, any one who needs to change a mode on a light that doesn’t want to climb…. Not daily, but often enough to have both a Swisson and a DMX cat in the tool box.