LED's not working

fergiemac

I have an Elumen8 cm120 moving head, 12 quad led's, that's not outputting 3 of the green led's, tested them all and they appear to be working but when powered up, I'm not getting them, the other 3 leds, red, blue and white on the quad leds are working.

Any suggestions ?

If the green LEDs are tested as good then issue is the driver circuit, connection to the LEDs or connection between them.

If individual LEDs are not tested then can also be a single failed LED in a series chain.

Don't know the insides of this specific fixture but I usually test for driver Vs connection/LED by swapping connections from the driver board. If the fault moves, it's the driver.

Edited by indyld

If the green LEDs are tested as good then issue is the driver circuit, connection to the LEDs or connection between them.

If individual LEDs are not tested then can also be a single failed LED in a series chain.

Individual LEDs tested working so I'm hoping it's a connection issue and not the driver.

Individual LEDs tested working so I'm hoping it's a connection issue and not the driver.

I repair a lot of LED fixtures and sadly it's much more likely to be the driver than a connection. The fast fix is to replace the driver board, or if you have the tools and skills and can get hold of whatever is used as a driver then component level repair of the board.

I repair a lot of LED fixtures and sadly it's much more likely to be the driver than a connection. The fast fix is to replace the driver board, or if you have the tools and skills and can get hold of whatever is used as a driver then component level repair of the board.

Cheers Rob, I have the tools but not the skills !! I'll check what I can and if it's looking like a driver, get it to someone who knows what they're doing :)