Magic Q Maxi Wing Question

solex

Does anyone have/have knowledge of the Magic Q Maxi Wing and can answer: Is it really limited to 32 universes, or can it use the full 64 that the chamsys pc software can use with say the PC wing compact? (the promotional material for the maxi talks about 32 universes https://www.chamsys.at/downloads/PDFs/Datenblatt_Maxi_Wing.pdf)

It's odd that it looks to just be a usb control interface much like the smaller pc wing (but with extra DMX outputs) but claims 32 universes rather than 64. As the pc will be outputting the artnet it seems to follow there should be no real limit to only 32 universes.

I was looking at the pc wing, but its lacking a lot of the buttons the Maxi Wing has, so I would just end up making custom keyboard to have the keys anyway. (even though the maxi is discontinued hardware) But I don't want to get a second hand maxi and find out I only have half the universes I expected.

Cheers

Sol

Maxi Wing will unlock MagicQ to output its max number of universes. It's not a hardware limitation, just software, the wing acts essentially as a key.

I suspect the reason that brochure says 32 is just reflecting the number of universes which were available in MagicQ when the Maxi Wing came out over a decade ago. That brochure looks quite old to me.