French / Swiss crew agency

ImagineerTom

Any suggestions for crew (grunts to load 2 lorries) for a day in Eastern France near the Swiss boarder; I'd rather get someone local to do it than try getting UK crew across boarders at the moment.

Lots of the UK crewing agencies will have EU citizens on their books, almost certainly could send appropriate crew if asked. Obviously it would be a lot cheaper to find local crew locally but it might be an option.

aside from brexit anyone crossing boarders at the moment has to have covid tests plus there's a dramatically reduced flights network - on first look sending anyone from the uk is complicated.

Indeed, don't envy anyone trying to move crew around right now.

Who in the UK might use local crew over there? The crewing companies like Gallowglass or John Diamond of this very parish but also the big players like Arena seating and Star. However I might first off look to users of crew based over there like Stageco.

The other good chance is to call big venues wherever the job happens to be. Geneva has a major conference sector and they have to have humpers.

I know a lot of uk companies (including arena) worked the same way we did - crew management hop over on a budget flight and then the client is expected to provide x number of local crew to work under their direction. Everyone is scrabbling to set up a split network to continue to operate in Europe but because of covid almost nothing got established. We managed to get a basic setup in place for Ireland (our second biggest market) but nothing on the mainland and speaking to others they have the same problem. I'll give stageco a try though as I know they have a sizeable network of locals.

thanks