RJ45 connectors

Denthis

Hello,

I'm new here.And it is not for my self but a colleque of mine.

He is using a soundcraft madi -usb with a soundcraft si expression.

Now he wants to control it with his tablet over wifi.so he connects his madi to a router.

Now is my question, when I want to make the UTP cable connection my self is there a need of a determinated type of rj45 connector to use? of a determinated wiring between the "end" and "start" connector of the utp cable?

Please can someone advice me?

MADI isn't ethernet, you can't just connect a MADI port to a standard wireless router and expect it to work, I'm afraid.

I did test it and it works.

But there are no marking on the cable with it.And now I want to make my own cable (longer)

Are you sure you connected to the MADI connection not the HiQNet connection on the back of the mixer? As above MADI is not ethernet and can not be connected to a router, switch or any other off the shelf networking hardware. It also doesn't provide remote control of the mixer.

As for the HiQNet port, that is just standard networking so any patch cable (pin out is freely available) will do the job.

No, it isn't.

The MADI-USB card is used to expand the number of sources available on the mixer. The ethercon socket on that card is for the MADI over CAT5 audio connection. It's not able to control the mixer or provide tablet or iPad control. The only control data passed over that port is the remote headamp control data between the mixer and stagebox.

No, it isn't.

The MADI-USB card is used to expand the number of sources available on the mixer. The ethercon socket on that card is for the MADI over CAT5 audio connection. It's not able to control the mixer or provide tablet or iPad control. The only control data passed over that port is the remote headamp control data between the mixer and stagebox.

I did ask for some more information, im getting there!

He has his mixing console connected to a acccespoint (with nog internet) and hit tablet is also connected to the same accespoint.And with the soundcraft app he can control the mixing console.

I think this is how it works :)

If, from the original question, you just want a longer ethernet cable, buy one - you need a special tool and a lot of practice to make the ends yourself. There's plenty of videos on YouTube of how to make ethernet cables which show you what to do and what not to do.

If, from the original question, you just want a longer ethernet cable, buy one - you need a special tool and a lot of practice to make the ends yourself. There's plenty of videos on YouTube of how to make ethernet cables which show you what to do and what not to do.

To make a UTP cable that is not a problem for me.But I was wondering it the system was using a special pin configuration.

My friend wants a cable on a reel.

Our Soundcraft Expression was connected to a router by a bog standard CPC Pro-Signal ethernet cable. This is the pinout linked to from the CPC page. (Other suppliers are available.)

As others have said, the router was connected to the Hi-QNet socket not to the MADI socket. The Hi-QNet to router cable was only a couple of metres. The wireless connection worked fine in our 21m long hall.

The MADI socket was connected to the stage box. That needed to be long to go to the stage. That was also a bog standard ethernet cable as above.

Hope that helps.

I don't quite know what you need. I think you need to clarify with your friend what he actually needs to achieve. Others will know better than me but I don't think standard ethernet will stand up to being reeled in and out regularly. There may be a question of getting a more robust and flexible ethernet cable. I don't know much about that because I've only dealt with fixed installations.

Edited by ojc123