PC Based Controllers

Brian

I also used Freestyler with an Entec dongle for output. I moved on with it to be able to control quite a large rig including moving heads, lasers LED Pars etc.As opposed to just using a mouse I used a Beringher BCF 2000 for fader control plus a touch screen.

When I first started with lighting I used Freestyler to control a basic moving head and LED par set up. Wasn't the easiest to use but was sufficient for a small rig.

Here is the latest information on Vista by Chroma-Q if you want to download the latest software and take a look at it for yourself:

https://vistabychromaq.com/

As others have mentioned, Vista was designed so that you could use 100% of it on just a PC or Mac. The supporting physical console hardware then complimented that software design with physical faders and buttons. This is one of the primary reasons why the original consoles used a stylus instead of a touch screen, it allowed the accurate control of that same pointing device (mouse).

Vista was one of the first lighting consoles to offer GUI based lighting control, which is everywhere in some form today. Vista has progressed a lot in the last couple of decades but these core concepts are still at the foundations of its ethos.

Let me know if you have any further questions about it.

I am a huge fan of Obsidian Onyx (formerly Martin M-Console).

What's more, so long as you don't need more than four universes, it's totally free,

It is very powerful, but somewhat complex and has a pretty steep learning curve, but worth the effort.

They also offer a number of dedicated controllers from simple touch boards to full-sized desks.

I spent a long time evaluating various software options and this beats the rest by a mile if you need power and flexibility.

The only downside is it won't work with Enntec DMX interfaces, so be warned.

Obsidian Control

I am a huge fan of Obsidian Onyx (formerly Martin M-Console).

What's more, so long as you don't need more than four universes, it's totally free,

It is very powerful, but somewhat complex and has a pretty steep learning curve, but worth the effort.

They also offer a number of dedicated controllers from simple touch boards to full-sized desks.

I spent a long time evaluating various software options and this beats the rest by a mile if you need power and flexibility.

The only downside is it won't work with Enntec DMX interfaces, so be warned.

Obsidian Control

it works just fine with enttec artnet and sacn hardware. It also doesn’t really fulfil what OP is asking for; because it looks like a physical desk