Battery powered rechargeable soldering iron

Dicky

• 2 weeks later...

I've had great experience with the Lidl customer service department regarding their tools.

I bought a Parkside battery mower from them and it was excellent, but died suddenly. Rang them up (it had a 3 year warranty) and they put me straight in touch with a company named Grizzly, who handle their UK parts and repairs. They shipped 2 new batteries out straight away. When that didn't fix the fault they just said "right, new mower on the way then". I kept the batteries (and the faulty mower, which I recently fixed!) and the new one turned up. LIDL kept checking in to ensure I was happy with the help I was getting and that the situation had been resolved. I'd buy tools from them again in the blink of an eye.

I've had great experience with the Lidl customer service department regarding their tools.

I bought a Parkside battery mower from them and it was excellent, but died suddenly. Rang them up (it had a 3 year warranty) and they put me straight in touch with a company named Grizzly, who handle their UK parts and repairs. They shipped 2 new batteries out straight away. When that didn't fix the fault they just said "right, new mower on the way then". I kept the batteries (and the faulty mower, which I recently fixed!) and the new one turned up. LIDL kept checking in to ensure I was happy with the help I was getting and that the situation had been resolved. I'd buy tools from them again in the blink of an eye.

I also have had good experiences with Lidl and Aldi - as long as you keep the receipts.

But I did buy a couple of LED exterior lights from Aldi for outside my garage. They were great on day 1, but 18 months later one has died, and the brackets on both are badly rusted (with white painted frames, this is very obvious). Aldi did pass me on to the manufacturer, but without the proof of purchase (even though the units were only supplied thru Aldi, for a limited time window) they weren’t prepared to do anything.