2 XLR + 2 line, 2 zone mixer with control.

pete10uk

After a bit of product advice please.

I'm trying to get a 4 input mixer or mixer amp with 30-50w output. ideally 2 xlr (line or mic) and 2 x Stereo phone with 2 zone outs which can be controlled via either serial or IP ir IR at a push.

I need it for 2 meeting rooms which have a dividing and will need to work together when the wall is open.

Any pointers of what kit to look at.

Thanks

AFAIK the Cloud range will only allow remote zone switching for the Mic 1 input, nothing else, which may be all you need ??

The TOA A-1706, is a fraction of the price, gives you 2-zone switching on front-panel push-buttons & has XLRs on all inputs. It does have remote volume & power switching, so there might be scope for using these terminals for a bit of DIY remote control ??

Might also be worth looking at the extensive Apart range.

Interesting, I didn't read the fine print.

I have it's predecessor as a multi-zone amp here at home, which has been going strong for easy 15 years, and it was ex-installation when I got it, so heavens only knows how old it actually is, and in my last house, I had a whole bunch of relays automating the analogue input selections.

RS232 or IP is the weird thing, a lot of the DSP based units have this in some way or other, but none of them are value-priced, and it's rare to have it at the level of "just" two outputs.

If one wants to be brave, one can still pick up Gentner/Clearone PSR1212's on eBay for a song, which are digital 12x12 matrix mixers, 8 mic/line with phanttom, 4 line, all balanced, 4 band eq, gating, group gating for conferencing, dynamics control ("AGC"), all output have gain normalisation for conference mode, eight insertable processing chains with 15 band EQ which can be used as a crossover, delay, up to 500mS, settable in time and distance, adjustable for temperature, and a proper compressor. And fully RS232 controllable, the protocol is in the manual. I have one of these, and the similar but less powerful XAP800, haven't used it for a while since the X32s arrived, but prior to the X32, it was an amazing, cheap, audio router.

Still need power amplification, of course.

Edited by dbuckley

Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to go with the cloud option, I missed it when looking at cloud in the first place.

Although as pointed out it only does switching and only mic one can be muted on a per zone basis, mic 2 is global, it actually works for this.

I forgot I do have a clearone device sitting on the shelf, an 800 if I recall, but I’m not feeling brave and not sure the customer would like a 10+ year old price of kit.

I did think of a bss BLU 50 which I have used in the past, it would do more than I need on this project But cost came in to it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Glad you're sorted. I haven't come across Clearone stuff, but a quick search threw up a nearly new 800 for £75. It also threw up, in "Similar items" a "Video Conferencing Assistant", which must be worth some sort of prize for initiative (if you can't be bothered to look it's a sheet of A4 paper for just under £34).

Back in a previous life my first "proper" church install involved remote switching of various 100v speakers, controlled by local mic on/off switches, by a collection of 12v relays inside a Mustang mixer-amp.