Best Live streaming platforms with monetisation??

danthomason

This is a very fast moving area.

Facebook just added a mechanism for ticketed livestreams. However this comes with all the downsides of dealing with facebook. For example if your account gets closed down or hijacked then it's next to impossible to challenge it or restore it. It also means your customers have to deal with facebook which they may not be willing to do.

There are a variety of ticketing services which integrate to a greater or lesser extent with Vimeo. Most of these services work by selling access to a private URL which is provided by Vimeo.

There are any number of new integrated platforms that have poped up over the last few months however it's difficult to know which will work. One that is noteable (but only seems to be available in the US) is showtix4u because the Music Theatre International licensing group are involved with it.

If I had to find something then I'd start by looking at people who were in the game before the pandemic such as IBM Cloud Video, Brightcove, Dacast, Wowza etc.

For reference the venue I'm involved with are doing our own integration with Spektrix selling access to Vimeo streams.

really helpful thank you. lots to look into!

This is a very fast moving area.

Facebook just added a mechanism for ticketed livestreams. However this comes with all the downsides of dealing with facebook. For example if your account gets closed down or hijacked then it's next to impossible to challenge it or restore it. It also means your customers have to deal with facebook which they may not be willing to do.

There are a variety of ticketing services which integrate to a greater or lesser extent with Vimeo. Most of these services work by selling access to a private URL which is provided by Vimeo.

There are any number of new integrated platforms that have poped up over the last few months however it's difficult to know which will work. One that is noteable (but only seems to be available in the US) is showtix4u because the Music Theatre International licensing group are involved with it.

If I had to find something then I'd start by looking at people who were in the game before the pandemic such as IBM Cloud Video, Brightcove, Dacast, Wowza etc.

For reference the venue I'm involved with are doing our own integration with Spektrix selling access to Vimeo streams.

Excellent, That you will have a look!

I know a theatre that's using https://inplayer.com/ which they seem happy with

I would be tempted to suggest you keep ticketing and streaming as stand alone to give you more flexibility over choice of streaming platform - for ticketing we find Eventbrite works very well and brings a decent level of 'native' business to us (Community Centre) via the inbuilt advertising Eventbrite undertake to existing Eventbrite users, be it geographical or by interest.

https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Multi_Group_How_To/how-to-set-up-an-online-only-event

Joe

Very interesting. What platform do you use to stream on?

I would be tempted to suggest you keep ticketing and streaming as stand alone to give you more flexibility over choice of streaming platform - for ticketing we find Eventbrite works very well and brings a decent level of 'native' business to us (Community Centre) via the inbuilt advertising Eventbrite undertake to existing Eventbrite users, be it geographical or by interest.

https://www.eventbri...line-only-event

Joe

With no experience at all in the field, I was looking for a provider to do just this, for a one-off event, so a provider that didn't require a year's fees commitment was a per-requisite, and almost every provider required a year's signup. The only reasonable-looking provider I found that confirmed they would work on a month-by-month basis was streamingvideoprovider.com but they are a bit clingy, I've advised them in a quite strongly worded email that their emails are spammy and they really ought to stop that behaviour as they will really annoy people. But their platform, to me, bearing in mind I don't exactly know what I'm talking about, looked quite respectable. I'd welcome other opinions.

'What platform do you use to stream on?' - that bit we are still working on. The advantage of Eventbrite is that we will not be tied to just one streaming platform. We will be running a mix of online Clubs, Classes and Events where we, the Community Centre' are the Organiser and other events where we will facilitate so we may end up with a mix of streaming platforms to suit the customers.

Joe

Hi Dan

Hopefully this post is acceptable and doesn't fall foul of any advertising T&C

In my day job I work for Red Bee Media and we have an OTT product that appears to be exactly what you are looking for

This is a white label service that you can take on and brand exactly as you want simply and easily.

https://www.redbeemedia.com/services/ott/

It supports a number of different monetization opportunities you could explore some or all of:

• Different subscription levels for access to different content,
  • Pay-Per-View for Premium content or live events,
  • Advertising with 'Free' to view content,
  • Service side Add insertion to enable targeted advertisements,

etc.

There is a link to request more information on our website, or DM me and I'll try to put you in touch with the right person.

James.