Simple video playback cart. For mac

pete10uk

Hi all.

I’m looking for a simple video playback cart for Mac. Been using playback pro occasionally for years but not currently available for latest version of Mac OSX

What’s needed is simple drag and drop cart layout with ability to change volume of each file to balance out. A bonus would be edit start and end but not essential.

Any recommendations please

Thanks

Thank you both for these suggestions.

I've looked and tried Qlab in the past and although it works well and does everything I need, it also does much much more which only serves to confuse me, as I only use it every few months or so.

Mitti is one I've never looked at, 2012 is when I started using Playback Pro so not really looked around since then, as it did everything I needed.

I've downloaded Mitti and spent an hour with it and it's perfect, simple and easy to use and I just about know what everything does and how it works, which is not bad for an hour. It's fairly priced and think it’s the way forward for me, I'd say it is better for me than Playback pro. There's a few things I'd ideally see like a blackout on the external monitor only, as the fader also does the preview screen and I'd like to be able to map cues to a keyboard or a StreamDeck, but these are bonuses only.

David Lee how have you found its stability? It crashed on me once during the first hour, but to be honest I was dragging and dripping and clicking around much faster than you would do in any live environment.

Thanks again for the great suggestions.

Stability is fine, have used it in anger a few times now with no problems. Kind of on hold due to the pandemic but did use it for my sons birthday.?

Support is great, the creator is very responsive and sorted out one problem I had (strange alpha codec issue) within 24 hours. He is also open to suggestions and will implement suggestions if possible.

Mitti also has an instance for companion so you can call cues directly from streamdeck.

Thanks.

The site gave me that kind of impression, a developers baby is always better updated and they tend to be responsive and open to ideas. Just had a play with companion and it works a dream, you can play instantly any given cue which is what I want for live shows.

Hope you get back to it soon, I’m just getting some enquires in for next year now So hoping it will be better than this!

Thanks for the great suggestion, I owe you one.

Thanks

Haha,yep, hope it all picks up. Have enquiries for all of the end of this year and next. Taken with a large pinch of salt though?.

Glad you like mitti,I feel it is a playback pro beater. And you can warp and span multiple outputs.