What lighting desk is this?

xllx

It has similar buttons, faders and general layout to a Celco Series 2 Thirty, but the chaser is different and it didn't have the Blue Borders. Could be a prototype of some kind? (Thus explaining the lack of branding?)

Where did you find it?

It has similar buttons, faders and general layout to a Celco Series 2 Thirty, but the chaser is different and it didn't have the Blue Borders. Could be a prototype of some kind? (Thus explaining the lack of branding?)

Where did you find it?

Yes, I thought it lookked a bit Celco ish. Since posting, I have found out more information.

It turns out that one of the circuit boards is marked EFS-Celco, EFS were a desk manufacturer in the early 80's which merged with Celestial Lighting to become Celco in about 1985.

So not exactly a prototype Celco 30 but more like an ancestor I think!

I have a few Celco desks, and stumbled across this recently. I haven't bought it yet, so am relying on photos from the current owner. Apparently it came from a house in Esher, Surrey, possibly built into a wooden console with a sound desk. Not sure where it came from originally!

Edited by xllx
  • Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Hi Mr. Coster, 

sorry for entering this old thread, but the fact you own several Celco desks leads me to ask for help. 

I recently bought a Celco 60 Major, which isn't working properly. 

So I'm looking for Schematics or any helpful information to bring that beauty back to live. 

Can you please direct me to a place where I can find these information. 

Best regards

• 8 months later...
On 7/2/2020 at 8:39 PM, xllx said:

Yes, I thought it lookked a bit Celco ish. Since posting, I have found out more information.

It turns out that one of the circuit boards is marked EFS-Celco, EFS were a desk manufacturer in the early 80's which merged with Celestial Lighting to become Celco in about 1985.

So not exactly a prototype Celco 30 but more like an ancestor I think!

I have a few Celco desks, and stumbled across this recently. I haven't bought it yet, so am relying on photos from the current owner. Apparently it came from a house in Esher, Surrey, possibly built into a wooden console with a sound desk. Not sure where it came from originally!

Dear xllx,

sorry to come late on this topic, but as a new (again) owner of my Celco 90 Gold I like to get in contact with persons, who still also any Celco desks. I have to do some repairmen's and I wonder if you have any paper work from yours?

Best Frommel