In-Floor RGBW LED Uplighters

smalljoshua

Hi All,

It's been a while! I'm working on a project at the moment which requires 10x pillars to be uplit from recessed in-floor uplighters. RGB is OK but I'd really like RGBW for the better colour rendering.

I've found this from the non-ents world Collingwood GL090 which is excellent as far as size, output and aesthetics goes but it's constant current drive meaning as I'd need 10x pillars independently controlled, that's 40x channels of constant current dimming which isn't cheap.

I've also come across the Artecta Porto which is good as it's 230V and DMX to each unit but much too large for this project.

I guess I'm looking for either something like the Artecta unit but smaller, something which is constant voltage so I can dim it from any number of constant voltage PWM drivers or a not million pound way of dimming 40x circuits of constant current with a common anode.

Thoughts, suggestions and blatant product plugs are all welcomed!

Josh

Sunricher or LTech for quality far East, ISTL for quality British https://www.istl.com/

Constant current isnae fussy about wire length, drivers can be very remote.

Inground uplighters are a massive pain, the Collingwoods are only walk over rated, for anything reasonably tough , drive over rated which requires a surprisingly large hole, they all fill up with water and condensate.

Try and steer client to another solution...

Edited by musht

Thanks for the link.

I'm lucky that this is an indoor rec-room in a private residence but with polished concrete floor. I'm happy with the walk resistance of the Collingwood units. I'll be sealing them into the holes too as it's a polished floor finish it should take.

Josh