520i CS card battery

gareth

Many years after believing I'd finally left them behind, I find myself with the open clamshell of a Strand 520i in front of me...

it's the old trouble. CS card Ni-Cd has gone all snotty and needs swapping out. I'm pretty sure I've got the right thing, but can someone (Kazeja?!) please confirm that these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VARTA-55615603059-BATTERY-MEMPAC-PCB-NIMH-3CELL-3-6V-150mAH-150H-RECHARGEABLE/254250437312?epid=2256094923&hash=item3b3281cac0:g:6AYAAOSwWZxc8nbI - are the right spec?

Thanks!

Many years after believing I'd finally left them behind, I find myself with the open clamshell of a Strand 520i in front of me...

it's the old trouble. CS card Ni-Cd has gone all snotty and needs swapping out. I'm pretty sure I've got the right thing, but can someone (Kazeja?!) please confirm that these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VARTA-55615603059-BATTERY-MEMPAC-PCB-NIMH-3CELL-3-6V-150mAH-150H-RECHARGEABLE/254250437312?epid=2256094923&hash=item3b3281cac0:g:6AYAAOSwWZxc8nbI - are the right spec?

Thanks!

That's the right part but I'd get it from a reputable supplier like RS. You don't know how old they are if you get them from t' bay. At least RS should rotate their stock reasonably quickly and reliably. You can, of course check the date code but that's after you've bought them!

yes, 3.6v PCB mount nicads.

From my understanding, the Nicads only purpose is to store the current show in the CS processor RAM in the event of a power glitch/brown out. This CS memory is automatically backed up in DAT files on the hard drive in the 220os directory at regular intervals.

To avoid track corrosion etc, I've removed the nicads from my systems and they've been running and power cycling perfectly well without the nicad. Only difference in operation that I've seen is the CS processor code load on start up which I would expect as the nicad has been removed.

Hope this is useful and I'm willing to stand corrected.

K.