Identification of old floods

alanbain

Anyone able to help me identify these floods? Suspect ancient strand of 40s era? Around 150w (when they work...). They are on lower able battens - but access is difficult!

http://www.the-sot.org/Nft/IMG_1930.JPG

http://www.the-sot.org/Nft/IMG_1931.JPG

http://www.the-sot.org/Nft/IMG_1932.JPG

Anyone able to help me identify these floods? Suspect ancient strand of 40s era? Around 150w (when they work...). They are on lower able battens - but access is difficult!

Not Patt 49 9of any type) as they don't have the chimney.

Having found my oldest Furse catalogue which comes from between 1966 and 1970 there is no flood of this kind listed at that time. The junior floods resembled Strand and there was an Horizon Flood which had a curved reflector housing and a 1KW unit which was square with a chimney in the top. There is nothing like the picture in the OP. That's not to say they aren't Furse but if they are they must be earlier. Don't forget they may be Major but there are other firms forgotten about these days like RR Beard, now Photon Beard, Holophane still in lighting and VenrecO. Blackburn, Starling & Co are also mentioned in some books Edited by Junior8

Having found my oldest Furse catalogue which comes from between 1966 and 1970 there is no flood of this kind listed at that time. The junior floods resembled Strand and there was an Horizon Flood which had a curved reflector housing and a 1KW unit which was square with a chimney in the top. There is nothing like the picture in the OP. That's not to say they aren't Furse but if they are they must be earlier. Don't forget they may be Major but there are other firms forgotten about these days like RR Beard, now Photon Beard, Holophane still in lighting and VenrecO. Blackburn, Starling & Co are also mentioned in some books

I believe Holophane didn't resume production of theatre lighting after the war, although last time I checked they were still producing industrial lighting.

I think Blackburn and Starling only ever produced control gear (and still are but again not for theatre).