Martin Mania SCX600

Barney

Hi all,

Does anyone have a maintenance manual for the SCX600 Mania scanner by Martin? Or some tips for properly taking apart and cleaning?

I've aquired a few units and could do with some tips on general cleaning procedures and/or advice on which bits to unscrew to get to the optics, fans, and colour wheel!

If there are any common faults to look for when thoroughly stripping them down that would be great too.

Thanks,

Barney

Cheers Rob,

Indeed, they are fairly simple! The basic info in the user manual was useful (if not exactly matching what was constructed!), and I also found some details of the PCBs etc online.

I was trying to find out which fasteners / what order I needed to get the various modules out, but I worked it out through trial and error on the first one ;)

Thanks,

Barney

A lot of manufacturers don't produce/provide particularly comprehensive service docs these days, of the old skool kind from decades past. You may get an exploded diagram, a parts list and a board layout. So trial and error it is when it comes to disassembly.

Martin were one of the better ones for this kinda thing. Get through Sound Technology in Letchworth.

Edited by indyld