S video cable

sigill

Or split the Y and the C out to 2 seperate coaxial cables (RG59 or RG6) and run them that way. My church does that for over 80m with no probs.

CAT 5 Baluns are probably the cheapest and easiest and simplest option however for you.

David

Or split the Y and the C out to 2 seperate coaxial cables (RG59 or  RG6) and run them that way. My church does that for over 80m with no probs.

CAT 5 Baluns are probably the cheapest and easiest and simplest option however for you.

David

The show we are touring at the moment has done this and we are successfully running s-video over 150m+ from FOH to onstage and advance bar using RG and BNC.

Poppadom

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a limit to how long an s-video cable can be.  Is it possible to do a run of say 50m with out losing to much signal??

Many thanks

Si

The quality of the cable used is a big factor.

Cheap cable and 10 metres will show a drop in quality

With quality cable we use 50 metres without any great degredation

(but we dont use the 50m for £5 cable you can buy on the budget sites.)

Expect to pay up to 15 x the budget price for decent cable , which means that this may not be the cheapest route to take.

Apparently S-video isn’t meant for distance at all, is it? I didn’t think it was. RGB VGA still works over distance well and RF that’s what we are running at church anyway. I was told no way could I run s-video that distance and it was crazy. :rolleyes:

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a limit to how long an s-video cable can be.  Is it possible to do a run of say 50m with out losing to much signal??

Many thanks

Si

Si,

You should be able to run for at least a kilometer over a couple of lengths of PSF1/3 (albeit some eq might be useful)

James

Archived