DMX controller that allows fading between scenes

gotty

I don't think the Thomann DMX master 2 that I referred has any notion of what the channels are, really, each "scanner" is just a 16 channel fixture. It fades them all together, whether they're red, green, blue, white, amber, gobo, strobe whatever. Certainly how it worked when I used it, it cross faded between intensities and colours as (well as could be) expected.

Thanks for all the thoughts. I'm going to take a closer look at one of the Zero88 desks, but not just now.

I decided to go for a personal investment in Enttec's D-Pro, which I'll use when I'm doing the lighting. A solution for when others are doing it is still being looked at, and will almost certainly be a custom-made control unit using Arduino or Raspberry Pi. Prototype is finished, but still a lot of work to do.

Again, thanks all

I have QLC+ (Q Light Controller plus) working on well on a Linux laptop with a £35 dongle labeled DimTech (*) which uses open source software. Worked straight out of the box.

(*) TITLE = DimTech USB to DMX Stage Lighting USB-DMX DMX512 Dimmer open Enttec Controller

(**) As at Friday 13th Dec 2019 this ebay listing is the one I bought from ... EBAY LINK

I have searched for the solution myself and I am in the same situ. I have a Jester 48 which works really well (48 chanels max), however I am now finding, with multi chanel LED fixtures, I am running out of channels really quickly, so I might go down the QLC+ on Linux route.

Good luck

If you are using a PC for lighting control, there are many instances where a keyboard and mouse/touchpad are not appropriate. A good add-on for a PC setup is a Korg Nanocontrol or similar. Your chosen software (QLC+ mentioned above does this - most do) will need to be able to work with a Midi control device. A Nanocontrol will give you 8 real faders, 8 knobs to twiddle and at least 24 backit buttons to push. The size of a Nanocontrol is appropriate for use with a laptop PC.

Any USB/RS485 interface will work as an Enttec OpenDMX compatible interface, provided a genuine FTDI chip is used in it. The hard part to get is the genuine.........

• 3 weeks later...

In response to Gotty's original post, I am having a similar problem. I posted on here a while ago about purchasing a basic DMX controller for a few Par 56 LEDs. I bought a Chauvet Stage Designer 50 from Gear4Music. I tried it briefly as you can return within 30 days if not satisfied and was successful setting up one scene.I am now getting down to some serious programming and am awful problems with 'looks', 'scenes', 'chases' and 'pages'. I thought I had sorted out the terms but I was wrong. Of course I have 2 normal problems-the instructions are poor and in my case I am old!!! (It is now almost 60 years since I did my first stage lighting).

I am sorry I am rambling on, but to get back to the original point, I cannot find a way in the Chauvet of including the fades in the programming but they can be done on playback. I think you can reassign channels as one of the contributors asked.I would also be grateful for any help with more detailed instructions for the Chauvet 50.