Trantec S5.3 D2 models

Oaksey

Hi all.

Does anyone have a list of what frequencies are available on the original D2 models of transmitter/receivers? These operated between 854-865Mhz, but with Ch69 obviously of no use anymore, I/m interested to see how many Ch70 frequencies between 863-865MHz are available as standard? I do know that units can be modified, but want to know whether I could potentially run 6 units (understanding that certain environments may make that challenging in practise)?

Thanks

The general rule of thumb for Ch.70 is 4 frequencies. You MIGHT be able to squeeze in 1 more without intermod, but I wouldn't bet on it.. I only have frequency sets for Sennheiser & Trantec 4000 series, but no doubt someone on here has a set of 5000s.

I have used the following 6 frequencies with Trantec S5.5 without any problems. S5.3 should be the same.

863.1, 863.4, 863.95, 864.225, 864.55, 864.925.

Theoretically the are a bit tight but worth a try.If there is any noticable interaction, remove 864.225 and the remaining 5 will be ok.

Brian

Hi all.

Does anyone have a list of what frequencies are available on the original D2 models of transmitter/receivers? These operated between 854-865Mhz, but with Ch69 obviously of no use anymore, I/m interested to see how many Ch70 frequencies between 863-865MHz are available as standard? I do know that units can be modified, but want to know whether I could potentially run 6 units (understanding that certain environments may make that challenging in practise)?

Thanks

IIRC the D2 range has only ever been installed in 5.3's so no other models channels can be compared. It's been a long time since I've used this version but I think (and I stress THINK) there are 2 banks of 16 including 4x ch70 in each bank and the intention is to only use one bank in a system.

Can you not simply scroll through the channels to see?

People like MLEC will reprogram to D1 or D3 whichI think will offer a better selection, I think D3 is about 8 banks of 12ch.

It is a number of years since I've handled these and 4000's often so the details are very misty and could easily be confused between the models.

Personally I'd advise CH38 or 65 if you need 6 channels especially if you're touring.

Hi

Trantec S5.3 and S5.5 are capable of being programmed in 25 KHz steps (single channel mode) as well as using the pre-programmed banks. Program the receiver via the front panel menu and then pair the transmitter via the infra-red link.

The main difference between the two models is the tuneable bandwidth.

Brian

The channel 65 reprogramming is well worth it in the long term. It’s just done by programming up some user banks - the new frequencies aren’t available to select by scrolling through frequencies, only via a bank. So you need to have your frequency plan worked out before they go off to be done.