Self levelling laser

jonathanhill

I have the dewalt red laser (had it longer than the green has been around). works great. not as bright as the green though. it has horizontal & vertical beam but you can select either or both

just because its mostly for 'fitters' should make any different. just stick it somewhere, turn it on and you have a level line to work from

1571949513[/url]' post='577789']

I have the dewalt red laser (had it longer than the green has been around). works great. not as bright as the green though. it has horizontal & vertical beam but you can select either or both

just because its mostly for 'fitters' should make any different. just stick it somewhere, turn it on and you have a level line to work from

Is that the DW088? It seems to be a good price online.

I need to buy a decent self levelling laser for the next show in, does anyone have any recommendations?

For rigging purposes? You want a vertical dot, not a horizontal line?

The Topcon PLS3 has been the 'industry standard' for a good few years. Sadly, since their buy-out by Fluke the design has recently changed and the new one is rather bulky.

If you think you'll be needing a 'proper' one any time soon, I would try to snap up one of the 'original' PLS3's while they are still (just about) available - they're no longer being made so when existing stocks run out that's it, they're gone! (UK Rigging still have a few red ones in stock.)

If you're just wanting a relatively cheap one that'll do: Stanley SPL3

I bought one online last week for £80 inc VAT to have a play with. Can't comment on durability as I haven't really given it any use/abuse yet but otherwise it seems rather good. Not as good as a PLS3, but seems to be great value for half the price.

Edited by Seano

I need to buy a decent self levelling laser for the next show in, does anyone have any recommendations?

For rigging purposes? You want a vertical dot, not a horizontal line?

The Topcon PLS3 has been the 'industry standard' for a good few years. Sadly, since their buy-out by Fluke the design has recently changed and the new one is rather bulky.

If you think you'll be needing a 'proper' one any time soon, I would try to snap up one of the 'original' PLS3's while they are still (just about) available - they're no longer being made so when existing stocks run out that's it, they're gone! (UK Rigging still have a few red ones in stock.)

If you're just wanting a relatively cheap one that'll do: Stanley SPL3

I bought one online last week for £80 inc VAT to have a play with. Can't comment on durability as I haven't really given it any use/abuse yet but otherwise it seems rather good. Not as good as a PLS3, but seems to be great value for half the price.

Thanks Sean, spot on advice, as usual. Bought the laser, pouch and with carriage was around £180 from UK Rigging. Tidy.

e2a: correct ‘Autocorrect’

Edited by jonathanhill