Sennheiser EW100 G2 Compatibility

jamminb

We currently own four Sennheiser EW100 G2 receiver units but only one belt-pack transmitter. I am looking to purchase an additional 3 and have come across a chap selling a load of EW300 G2s on eBay.

Now I have read that there are only small differences between the EW100 and the EW300 (additional non-essential features) but essentially they are the same in terms of RF signals etc.

Is anyone able to confirm that the EW300 G2 belt-packs will work with the EW100 G2 receivers?

Cheers in advance!

Assuming you're talking about the "E band" units 830-866MHz, then you can get 4 channels in the license-free "channel 70" 863-865MHz range preprogrammed in Bank 8 Ch1-4. If you have or buy a "shared" license for PMSE (£70 PA) you can squeeze another 4 channels into 830-832MHz. See below for intermod-free frequencies calculated using SIFMPRO.

Please don't use any other bands on these units because they aren't legal for PMSE in the UK (save some expensive coordinated license).

We had a long chat about it here too:

http://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=64234

Kevin

4 channels (in ch70):

Bank 8 Ch1: 863.100

Bank 8 Ch2: 863.500

Bank 8 Ch3: 864.300

Bank 8 Ch4: 864.900

8 channels [Intermod-free for 2TxIM(3) and 2TxIM(5)]

Bank 8 Ch1: 863.100

Bank 8 Ch2: 863.500

Bank 8 Ch3: -> don't use, instead programme Bank U Ch7 as 864.100

Bank 8 Ch4: 864.900

Bank U settings (programmed as follows, not the default settings)

Bank U Ch1: 830.000 (requires shared PMSE license)

Bank U Ch2: 830.400 (requires shared PMSE license)

Bank U Ch3: 830.900 (requires shared PMSE license)

Bank U Ch4: 831.300 (requires shared PMSE license)

Bank U Ch7: 864.100 (use instead of Bank 8 Ch3).

If you want intermod-free with 3TxIM(3) then you can only get 7 channels in total. I can post frequencies if needed (shame I can't just post my spreadsheet here).

Edited by kgallen

Thanks for confirming, that's great. We only have the four G2 units, (acquired at a ridiculously low price!) to supplement our G3s and G4s (licensed within channel 38). These G2s will be working within channel 70 range, so we won't be looking to expand any further than four channels. Thanks for all the info Kevin, that's really helpful.

Thanks again!

• 1 year later...

On a closeley related matter, folks, I have just got a set of 4 SKP100 (EW100 G1) plugin transmitters for band E to use with my EW100 (G2) receivers (with antenna splitter) on Ch 70 frequencies. They all produce a nice strong carrier signal (RF), but there is no AF at all. Yes, I have tried different mics and fiddled with the mute slider swich (which does not say which position is mute) and the attenuator is set at 0dB an off. Any ideas? The receivers work fine. I doubt they are all kaput (as the Germans would say).

Thanks,Keith.

Edited by Keith_

On a closeley related matter, folks, I have just got a set of 4 SKP100 (EW100 G1) plugin transmitters for band E to use with my EW100 (G2) receivers (with antenna splitter) on Ch 70 frequencies. They all produce a nice strong carrier signal (RF), but there is no AF at all. Yes, I have tried different mics and fiddled with the mute slider swich (which does not say which position is mute) and the attenuator is set at 0dB an off. Any ideas? The receivers work fine. I doubt they are all kaput (as the Germans would say).

Thanks,Keith.

Don't G2 receivers have pilot tone mute, where as G1 transmitters do not? So you need to turn off pilot tone mute in the receivers in order to get them to unmute.

Nice one!

I just tried it (supposed to be going to my bed, but couldn't resist a last look here).

Honestly speaking, I never ventured into the pilot tone menu before, but switching it off did the trick. Do I loose much by doing it that way - I see the pilot tone helps with setting squelch. Perhaps I should get a set of G2s instead?

Thanks,

Keith.

Edited by Keith_

I see the pilot tone helps with setting squelch. Perhaps I should get a set of G2s instead?

Pilot tone basically identifies the transmitter to the receiver, so in theory it wouldn't open up for, say, a Shure transmitter that happened to be running on the same frequency.

It definitely helps if you're running in a congested area, but if it was me I don't think I'd chuck working G1s unless they're struggling.

Thanks for the clarification, Stuart.

Sennheiser manuals say almost nothing about it, so that was useful. Oddly enough, I have a small Hill Audio RM system (http://www.hill-audio.com/product/wmu-216/) working on Ch70 and the Senn G2 receivers pick its transmitters up perfectly (with pilot tone on). No chance with the old AudioTechnica, though. Those SKP100s are nice to put on a better sounding mic, though the scew collar is useless unless it's paired with one of the very few that take it. I am using a bit of tape to help keep them on because its all a bit like having a brick tied to a milk bottle. Good kit, though (you might have gathered every penny is a prisoner with me).

By the way, I must praise all you contributors to this message board. Excellent answers with expertise and experience very evident and also tremendously quick. Not condescending either (which I take to be a real sign of professionalism).

Much appreciated.

Thanks.

Keith.

Thanks for the clarification, Stuart.

Sennheiser manuals say almost nothing about it, so that was useful. Oddly enough, I have a small Hill Audio RM system (http://www.hill-audi...roduct/wmu-216/) working on Ch70 and the Senn G2 receivers pick its transmitters up perfectly (with pilot tone on). No chance with the old AudioTechnica, though. Those SKP100s are nice to put on a better sounding mic, though the scew collar is useless unless it's paired with one of the very few that take it. I am using a bit of tape to help keep them on because its all a bit like having a brick tied to a milk bottle. Good kit, though (you might have gathered every penny is a prisoner with me).

By the way, I must praise all you contributors to this message board. Excellent answers with expertise and experience very evident and also tremendously quick. Not condescending either (which I take to be a real sign of professionalism).

Much appreciated.

Thanks.

Keith.

You can buy the locking jacks off e-bay if that is what you mean and I have fitted several for low cost back-up mics that may get trashed: https://www.ebay.co....J8AAOSwB09YSwEN

Edited by GaryNattrass