Robe 250 XT moving heads. To sell or not to sell

ptmigmag

Hi,

I have bought in 2003 new 6 Spots and 6 Wash Moving Heads. They have about 900 Hours of operation and were not heavily beaten.

I can't remember the last time I had all of them working together. There is always some problem specially the HEAT problem that I saw discussed on another thread.

I lost my confidence in them so I decided to buy 4 new Chinese 90w led ones. These probably will have more output and are less than half the weight.

My problem is: what to do with the old ones. Their sell value is almost the price of lamp and some need service so they are worth almost nothing. I don't like to keep garbage in inventory but on the other hand hurts me to "give away" almost 15.000€ that I paid when they were new. I'm sure I will have ocasional second gigs I could use them but that will continue my frustration on lack of reliability.

What are your thoughts in the case that it passed the time when they valued something.

Thanks

Miguel

Someone will take them off you, even if for spares. Don't just skip them.

How much you paid in 2003 is no longer relevant unfortunately.

Fix them and clean them up and sell them as working or take a few quid for the job lot as spares. If you need the space and don't want to keep them running any more, move them on.

Ironically, I'm using the cases from my old ones, and the contents are outlay in the skip. If you have a pair of working ones, you'll get a few pounds for them, but their value now is really tiny, unless an idiot buys them. I have a working pair of 250s left and I looked at a boom and thought I'd stick them up, then thought about what they'd add, and left them sitting on the floor. Sad, but they're now dinosaurs and just a problem waiting to happen if you trust them and use them.