Backstabing And General Bitchyness

Stu

Well I've had possibly the worst day of my professional working life today, as I've just discovered that a small-scale tour I was meant to be doing in September - November, has decided to ditch me as their Relighter/Prod Sparkie.

Why you may ask?

Well it's the typical reason of my age. Yes when they discovered I was 18 (soon 19) they jilted and decided not to use my skills.

However, I have reasons to believe that this is due to another member of staff (stupid tw@t) at my venue slagging me off to the company, and giving them undue reason to be worried.

And whats worse is this guy was told to tell me that I would no longer be doing the work, as he'd managed to get me into the mess.

So he swore blind to the rest of the boys at work he'd done so.

And when was he told to tell me. 4 weeks ago.

Well thankyou Mr. X I've now managed to lose £1k of work with nothing else to replace it.

Needless to say I shall be violently beating him next time I see him with a good old baseball bat, but for now I'd love to know why some people feel the need to treat others like ####.

And I make no apology for the sweaing.

Rant over.

Stu

Guest lightnix

Welcome to the wonderful world of showbusiness.

:wub: :) ^_^ -_- :mellow: :huh: :( :angry: :unsure: :blink: :wacko: :ph34r:

I think I'm over the :wacko: stage now, but the :stagecrew: still creeps up on me from time to time.

:(

Sorry Mr Stu that sounds very bad.

I doubt you have anything in writing to fall back on?

Needless to say I shall be violently beating him next time I see him with a good old baseball bat, but for now I'd love to know why some people feel the need to treat others like ####.

There is no need for rough stuff. What about dynamic load testing the rig next time he is on stage and swear that you told him about this awhile ago.

Well I'd already suspected something major would happen like this for quite time, but I suppose it was a bit niave of me to think "Nah it'll be ok!"

Stu

Sorry to hear about your bother. But look on the bright side- the only one thats going to look bad in this whole mess is the guy that bitched about you. No-one likes two-facedness. (not actually sure if thats a word, but hey, you get my point.) :stagecrew:

Stu,

Sorry to hear about the news...... but frankly, from what you have told me about the job already - you are probably best out of it.

The thing with age will pass. heheheheh for obvious reasons, I felt the same way as you did when I was starting out, people do have problems taking 18-19.. year old seriously.... but mostly to do with snobbery etc.

Keep calm, keep smiling and put this all down to a bad experience which will turn out for the best in the long run.

Patience fella, patiance :stagecrew:

Ta everyone for your kind words it does help believe me!

And yes in reply to Paul's message, I probably am better out of it, but my bank balance ain't gonna think that! :stagecrew:

Stu

hi stu,

sorry to hear of another one biting the dust for a while - this stuff happens and Will pass as others see how good you are.

I had a case of that happen to me and then managed to regain the job when the boss in question came to another one of my shows and saw my work.

-that sorted out the tour manager, then the only problem was with the fella who spread the muck on me. needless to say that I got my Very sweet revenge, served cold and spicy. B) :mellow:

best of luck.

:stagecrew: for ever.

andrew clunie

Archived