250 krypton - beam shaping?

knightdan65

I wouldn't agree with the "really big expensive fixtures" comment, there are quite a few mid range units on the market now.

The CP Axcor 400 (600 and 900 too), Elation Artist Monet, Chauvet Maverick MK3 Profile, and products from Ayrton would all be ideal contenders for someone in the market for framing shutter units!

While still far from what I would call cheap the higher power units from premium brands (for want of a better word) tend to be more around the £5k mark (ex VAT trade, depending on quantity/exchange rate etc.) and the majority of manufacturer's now have models with framing shutters meaning you can get them for substantially less but they are always going to be at the top end of a range and so naturally they will still be more expensive than other models.

I recently made a list of some of the options here. And new models are constantly appearing. Since then I would add the above mentioned Chauvet Maverick MK 3 Profile and Elation Monet along with the Elation Picasso and Proteus Maximus, Ayrton Ghibli, Diablo, Bora, Khamsin and Levante, ACME XA-1200 BSWF, XA-1000 BSWF, XP-1000SZ F and XA-500 Framing, Terbly GL10FX, GL10FX IP, GL10P, GL2P, GL-4, GL-6, GL6H and GL8P IP, High End SolaFrame 1000, SolaFrame 3000 and SolaHyBeam 2000, Silver Star Neptune 1500 Profile and Pluto 600.

Edited by niclights