Neoflash 300 led strobes being weird

jason5d

We have 2 Neoflash 300 LED strobes that won't work with our lighting desks (MA dot2 and Avolights)

But they work with a Chauvet obey 40

I thought perhaps its a phase reversal issue so I tried an adapter but no change.

It might be the reversal adapter we have work so before I make or buy another one I thought I'd put it out there.

(the 2 Neoflash strobes are alone on their own universe and both set at DMX ch. 1)

I've had issues with these before, they didn't match the DMX profile in the desk so behaved erratically. Does it work fine if you run it off multiple individual dimmer patches, bypassing the cleverer side of the desk?

I have checked the Avo personality and as far as I can see it matches the DMX charts in the product documentation (link).

It's entirely possible the charts are wrong though.

If you are certain it is the same product and you can provide a more accurate chart then please submit a bug report or personality request via the Avolites Personality website with the relevant information and I will be happy to update the personality. You may find it easier to test in the Avo console by patching as Generic LTP in Raw, 1 DMX mode instead of dimmers. The thinking being that the wheel displays are in raw 0-255 rather than percentage and that they will stay at the value you set them when cleared.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived