ENTTEC USB PRO problems

Richard CSL

I am using an ENTTEC pro to control pangolin laser software.

I am having problems with the ENTTEC not receiving the DMX from my DMX sources.

initially I managed to get the system to work by using an RF TX / RX system which allows communication, but it is still a bit erratic on the DMX input monitor and as such my Laser goes off after 4 to 5 seconds after a cue has been initiated.

I even tried hooking up a Martin USB interface to the ENTTEC. using the software from Enttec I monitor the DMX input.

All flavours of DMX provide instability on the input of the ENTTEC. (apart from a DMX 1612 operator)

So I have been looking into Break time of the DMX signal the ENTTEC is set to 196ms

the mark after break MAB is set to 10ms

and the device is set to 40 packets per second.

Changing these settings has no effect on the input. I believe they are only the output rates, (which works fine)

My Martin / Onyx software can change these settings. but this had no effect on the ENTTEC in fact the input monitor did not even show changes.

any ideas anyone??

Is this related to your previous topic https://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=73309? If so I don't think you confirmed whether the DMX controller and laser software are on the same machine but if they are I strongly suspect it will be this that is causing a conflict and that it is not related to DMX timing. In this case the first thing I would do is find a way to separate into two machines. If it works you know it is related to them being on the same machine rather than timing/interface etc. Although it sounds like this might already have been proven to a large extent by the fact that it (only) works when connecting the stand-alone DMX controller.

Is this related to your previous topic https://www.blue-roo...showtopic=73309? If so I don't think you confirmed whether the DMX controller and laser software are on the same machine but if they are I strongly suspect it will be this that is causing a conflict and that it is not related to DMX timing. In this case the first thing I would do is find a way to separate into two machines. If it works you know it is related to them being on the same machine rather than timing/interface etc. Although it sounds like this might already have been proven to a large extent by the fact that it (only) works when connecting the stand-alone DMX controller.

I have now run the software on a different machine , the problem has not changed.

I suspect that the ENTTEC box I bought from Holland is suspect. my only conceivable solution now is to buy a second box and use it to run from Chamsys into the Enttec controlling the Pangolin software.

Archived