Pls Send me your Beam230 Hog $ Profiles

lilricky

I have 1 light (Chinese 230Beam) that no matter what I try will not light up using our Hog 4. I've tried the fixture editor a few times, the other guy has tried the fixture editor a couple of times. HES has sent the profile to me twice and the stupid light just sits up in the rig and laughs. All of it's friends work just fine on their CP Sharpy profiles, but not this hold out.

Mind you the light works just fine using our Lightshark and a ADJ MyDMX3.

I've tried every 16ch mover in the fixture library w/o any success. Any help (besides, you get what you pay for) before this light accidentally takes a fall from the truss to the floor would be appreciated.

Maybe a link to the great Chinese 230beam repository of profiles or something.

Thanks

Can you post the DMX channel assignments? Perhaps using the working controller as a reference if you don't have anything better (or if it doesn't appear to agree with what you have).

I have seen many charts/'manuals' (in the loosest sense) for these sort of fixtures (in particular the 16/20 channel fixtures that bear a striking resemblence to the Clay Paky Sharpy), easily numbering in the 100's and have written a large number of profiles for other consoles in the process. While many of them do follow the same channel offsets as the Clay Paky Sharpy the function ranges vary considerably, particularly the colour and shutter controls. There are also some that have 14 gobos instead of 17. And this assumes the control assignment starts with colour on channel 1. Some start with pan. Often you find that ones that are just slightly different but enough to mean they aren't compatible. At the end of the day without a chart you are stabbing in the dark and I would say the chances of finding something that happens to work is extremely low.

Hi

Chinese kit that comes from shared factories are notorious for not having the correct instructions or specifications. The DMX profile can change with every revision and is rarely logical.

Bin the manual, and patch the thing as dimmers and manually discover each parameter, then build your profile to suit.

All the best

Timmeh

Hi

Chinese kit that comes from shared factories are notorious for not having the correct instructions or specifications. The DMX profile can change with every revision and is rarely logical.

Bin the manual, and patch the thing as dimmers and manually discover each parameter, then build your profile to suit.

All the best

Timmeh

Thanks, I'll give that a try

I've just had to write a personality profile for some chinese unbranded 15R heads. The DMX tables in the manual were utter fantasy, as I found out by using them to make the file to save having to experiment with the channels. Which I ended up doing after all.

The DMX profile can change with every revision

this!

Archived