'prolight phyro1500ufc

Nicktaylor

I have a pair of these machines. On the whole they are really good but this year for our panto I used them horizontal across the stage. I dont believe this caused the random smoke jetting. Not a huge amount but a lot more than I recall when using them last year. They are DMX controlled . I started of wireless then went hard wired with a terminator. Nothing stopped it. No the show has finished I will do a soak test not connected to a desk to see if it still does it. Its like its getting short fog control spike, but I have no idea where it might be from

Manual says vertical jet and "keep in flat position" - what did you do with the fluid container when you had them firing horizontal? Could be a small amount of fluid dripping or syphoning through the pump if the rubber seals in the pump are dried out or worn.

• 2 weeks later...

Manual says vertical jet and "keep in flat position" - what did you do with the fluid container when you had them firing horizontal? Could be a small amount of fluid dripping or syphoning through the pump if the rubber seals in the pump are dried out or worn.

The bottle was upright next to the machine. I bought these because at the time the Chauvet DJ units were unavailable and they definitely can be used odd ways around. The machines have not had hard use, ie a couple of shows a year since bought. It may well be a case of they wont work properly except upright

It may well be a case of they wont work properly except upright

Sounds like it. Basically it's just fluid getting into the block when it shouldn't so if the physics of how you had them set up allowed syphoning or gravity draining of fluid into the block, that would be it. Possibly if you lifted the machine a bit higher than the bottle, that would fix it.

Most smoke machines don't physically stop the fluid pipe, they just assume that the fluid won't flow unless you pump it. But unexpected orientation of the machine can break that.

• 2 years later...

I am sure I used these for the last panto before lockdown with now problems. This year it seems to me a bit DMX in orientated. Ie no lead in it sits fine. Plug in a lead with a termination and it occasionally farts smoke. It’s just smoke , no illumination. Going onTims last comments I wonder if the feed pipe in one is slightly differently positioned so drips are leaking onto the heater.  I am not totally involved with this show as I have my own panto to contend with. Trying to help sort though