Nomad fader page

knightdan65

If I hit the tab above a fader it says load and the tabs below say group/assert and bump. Not sure how to link a fader to a channel. I’m assuming the faders page is for channel control and not subs?

Further digging has revealed that faders can’t be mapped to intensity channels in Nomad, which seems daft. Anyone know of a work around?

Faders need to be mapped to something - could be a submaster (which could be a single channel) could be a cue stack, could be an effect control, could be a macro ...

On a real universal fader wing you can map the faders one to one to the channels by (if I recall correctly) holding the fader control key down and then hitting the bump on the bottom right fader when it prompts. But until mapped, the faders don't do anything, Not sure if you can do that on virtual faders, though.

Control of Genetics using faders? I'm just going to turn the "Heart Disease" fader down a bit. :** laughs out loud **:

The EOS software is designed for situations where fader-per-channel is likely bit too...simple.

You maybe should reboot in EOS Element and put it in channel mode rather than submaster mode. I think that gets you the functionality you're looking for.

Yes looks like if I want simple intensity control of genetics using faders I have to assign each individual light as a sub then map the faders to them one by one. Does anyone else think this is a massively unintuitive move by ETC?

Its really not un-intuitive when you realise that you can assign multiple generics to one fader/submaster. You might do this, for example, when you have colour washes made up from several lamps per colour. One submaster would then control one colour, not just one lamp. Indeed, this is how you'd busk a simple show. Groups of generics for your washes would be on some submasters, while individual lamps for your performer specials would be on others.

But as Bryson has already said, switch the software to Element mode to get true one lamp/one submaster control over your fixtures.

Archived