Media Shout

SceneMaster

All the big UK Christian events I go on like Soul Survivor use it (well they did last time I went).

We use presenter for the festivals to do the song words and then the camera feeds are mixed in an OB truck and then an MX50 is used to key the output of the PC (running presenter) on top.

However, at the church we are now moving to media shout to help integrate the media vision a little better into a single product.

It is a nice product - and although it doesnt do song words quite as well as presenter does, it is much better at the whole integrated media concept.

And although new-wine use words of worship, at soul survivor we are long time presenter fans and have been using that for a while.

Cheers

Chris Johnson

Soul Survivor Production Staff

sorry can't help you.. but do you know if media shout v3 is out yet?  what are your expereinces of media shout in general.. just about to buy it when v3 is released..

thanks

chris

MediaShout va3 IS out, but man it is FULL of bugs. It also seems more complex (needlessly so) in certain areas. Stick to 2.5 if I were you, it isn't worth the hassel upgrading yet.

MediaShout va3 IS out, but man it is FULL of bugs. It also seems more complex (needlessly so) in certain areas. Stick to 2.5 if I were you, it isn't worth the hassel upgrading yet.

I am just about to start the process of buying media shout for my church.. do you think we should wait till the next versions out? are upgrades free?

what do you think of it overall? what sort of spec machine do you need to run it (using powerpoint/videos/dvds..etc)

thanks

chris

Archived