altec wireless talkback

3 HD ptz cameras

black magic HD vision mixer

HD recorder

midas audio desk and audience mics

back up data satellite connection

pay per view option

That about covers it

It comes down to how much the client wants to spend, if its nothing then it's defiantly webcam at best.

There are also live streaming copyright issues to consider. utube will stop the streaming of copyrighted music.

Edited by jason5d

My church does this also but a bit simpler. We have 4x panasonic aw-he40 remote cameras into a Blackmagic atem-1 mixer. This is streamed to YouTube live using OBS software on a pc.

The cameras and mixer are controlled by a single operator (concentrating very hard) from a touchscreen running a vb.net app I wrote. It commands the cameras and mixer over ethernet. You can store preset positions on the cams or live control with a joystick, also do moves between the positions.

See http://www.stjohnnewland.org.uk/video for an example of what we can get with this setup. As Jason says YouTube might pull the stream if you broadcast anything copyright, e.g. Movie clips etc. though we have only ever had this happen once in 2 years and it was restored when we cut back to live camera.

Edited by timsabre

'looking for advice on a installation' - that is where I would tend to stop the conversation with this customer.

Unless they have someone like 'Mostly harmless' in the congregation with the knowledge and time to make this happen week in/week out (which if they did they would likely not be asking you for hardware options) then you are on a hiding in terms of reliable operation.

I would start with finding out by whom and how the system is indented to be operated, maintained etc. before I got into hardware options or end up being blamed on a weekly basis for the system 'not working'!

Joe

• 1 year later...

My church does this also but a bit simpler. We have 4x panasonic aw-he40 remote cameras into a Blackmagic atem-1 mixer. This is streamed to YouTube live using OBS software on a pc.

The cameras and mixer are controlled by a single operator (concentrating very hard) from a touchscreen running a vb.net app I wrote. It commands the cameras and mixer over ethernet. You can store preset positions on the cams or live control with a joystick, also do moves between the positions.

Hi Tim. That sounds incredibly similar to something we're setting up for our MG car club here in Melbourne.

We have 1x AW-HE40 cam with a Blackmagic ATEM-MINI mixer also taking HDMI signal from a laptop PC, and streaming to Facebook via OBS software.

I want to dumb this down so people other than myself can run it, so would like to put together a simple app to move the ipcam to one of a couple of set positions, and initialise the ATEM a certain way.

(We have all the manufacturer apps that can do this, but I want to fit all the HOW TO OPERATE instructions onto a single sheet! ;) )

VB is my preferred language too. Is there any chance of seeing your source before I start delving into aw-he40_ip_control_specification_aw-he130_aw-ue70.pdf ? :)

Cheers, Ric.

Hi Tim. That sounds incredibly similar to something we're setting up for our MG car club here in Melbourne.

We have 1x AW-HE40 cam with a Blackmagic ATEM-MINI mixer also taking HDMI signal from a laptop PC, and streaming to Facebook via OBS software.

I want to dumb this down so people other than myself can run it, so would like to put together a simple app to move the ipcam to one of a couple of set positions, and initialise the ATEM a certain way.

(We have all the manufacturer apps that can do this, but I want to fit all the HOW TO OPERATE instructions onto a single sheet! ;) )

VB is my preferred language too. Is there any chance of seeing your source before I start delving into aw-he40_ip_control_specification_aw-he130_aw-ue70.pdf ? :)

Cheers, Ric.

I'd look at a stream deck and the companion program

Hi Ric, if you send me your contact details by private message, I can send you the VB.net source code. It's not very pretty due to having been modified about a thousand times, but bits of it might be useful.

Thanks. PM sent. :)