Moving head beams under £1000

JTilling

Hi All

I am looking for 6 new moving head beams to add to my rig. Must be bright enough for both inside and outside work. Preferably under £1000 each please.

Nothing to big and heavy but substantial/robust enough to withstand being toured around in flightcases being put in and out of rigs weekly,

Thanks in advance!

I have been very impressed by the Elumen8 1RE beam (prolight). They are really cheap so you can have more of them. I've used them alongside Robe Pointes and they are just as bright (less effects though).

But like the sharpy they are a bit of a one trick pony - when you say "beam" what do you want to do with it?

Thanks

I am basically looking at putting breakups and other shaped beams across areas. They will be complementing a set of wash's (currently MAC250W's ) So all I am looking for it colours and beam shapes. Idealy the beams are quite narrow but allow for prisms/gobos as and when needed.

Thanks for the input thus far.

I have been very impressed by the Elumen8 1RE beam (prolight). They are really cheap so you can have more of them. I've used them alongside Robe Pointes and they are just as bright (less effects though).

But like the sharpy they are a bit of a one trick pony - when you say "beam" what do you want to do with it?

Ok "moving head beams" does not describe what you are looking for then. Fixtures described as Beams give a sharpy type effect, a very narrow pencil beam in the air so popular at the moment on tv. But they don't do much else, definitely not breakup washes.

You can get "hybrids" which will do narrow beam and wider beam but they tend to be expensive.

I would be looking for things described as "profile".

Yes but you cannot do a breakup wash with it, unless the fixture is about 500m away, it is just too narrow. The gobos are really big and blobby too because of the small gate size. Robe Pointe is a good example of a fixture which will do both but it's a lot more than 1000.

Archived