X32 compact fault

revbobuk

Folks; my X32 compact has developed a fault; the Aux section has stopped working, along with the talkback section and the headphone outputs. I've checked the easy end of the ribbon cable to this board, but I wondered if anyone else had sorted this problem and had words of wisdom and experience to share. I believe the fault was caused by the inbuilt warranty clock; passed 3 years just a month or so ago!

Folks; my X32 compact has developed a fault; the Aux section has stopped working, along with the talkback section and the headphone outputs. I've checked the easy end of the ribbon cable to this board, but I wondered if anyone else had sorted this problem and had words of wisdom and experience to share. I believe the fault was caused by the inbuilt warranty clock; passed 3 years just a month or so ago!

I've seen this on one of the facebook forums a couple of times - to the best of my recollection, one was a ribbon loose and another was failing capacitors on the power supply board - I thnk that section gets a dedicated supply - but I really am guessing. my tuppeny worth? open her up, reseat every single ribbon cable and check the condition of the power supply board. then, kidderminster are supposed to be fairly reasonable for out of warranty repairs so my next step would be to give them a call.

Thanks, that's useful. Who in Kidderminster? I'd been directed to Electronic Music Services in Southend, and I've used them before for Behringer parts. Now that I know it's out of warranty I'm happy to poke around inside, so I'll look at the psu as well.

Archived