Cown xti 4002

fincaman

Hello All see my Low mains in Spain Post, I have posted again because this is urgent. I have found the Crown XTI 4002 which Thomann say will run on anything from 120 to 240v I rang the manufacturers in America and they didn't seem to know. If you look at the back panel it says 120-240 does anyone have knowledge of this amp.

It does say there are three voltages available in the manual but none of them are 120-240 110v in the USA . As Thomann have said this amp will do what I want I feel justified in ordering it and sending it back if it won't

I emailed Hamon as well as ringing them I have just had an email from a senior technical adviser saying the amp will do what I want I'll order one and report back

I emailed Hamon as well as ringing them I have just had an email from a senior technical adviser saying the amp will do what I want I'll order one and report back

The XTi work on either 120V or 230V but that's not on a sliding scale. The amp checks the mains voltage at first switch on and either selects 120V or 230V mode via a relay. The relay switches the capacitors and rectifier into voltage doubler mode on 120V supplies so the circuitry maintains the correct internal supplies.

Amps purchased for use in America will also work in Europe, I know people who have imported them from the US as and when the exchange rate has been favourable.

The XTi work on either 120V or 230V but that's not on a sliding scale. The amp checks the mains voltage at first switch on and either selects 120V or 230V mode via a relay.

Hmmm. So if the mains is low at switch on it might select the 120V range and then when the voltage rises back to a more normal level things might start going bang? Is it constantly monitoring the mains for safe levels with automatic turn-off if things go out of range?

The manual shows three mains ranges...

100V

120V

220V-240V

...all +/-10%

So that would imply operating ranges of...

90V to 110V

108V to 132V

198V to 264V

Anything outside those ranges and who knows what will happen. So it looks like this unit is not what the OP is looking for.

Archived