Heavy Duty Mic Clip for Wireless Handheld

MarkBarl

Do anyone have any idea where I could find a heavy duty mic clip for a wireless handheld (Sennheiser). This is for a tribute act where the turn swings and spins the mic stand around as part of the act. Ideally it will have a fully enclosed sheath for the mic that will hold the mic firmly while being thrown around. Currently we are using a standard clip with a load of gaffer round it to retain the mic and it looks a bit pony.

I'm surprised that the standard Sennheiser clip won't hold it, but if he/she is the only user of the mic you could try double-sided tape, backed up with a couple of narrow black cable-ties (or if not, then just the cable ties on their own).

Where in Hampshire are you Mark?

I've got some K&M clips that I bought for my handhelds, but ended up getting another sort as it's almost impossible to get the mics in & out of these ones. If you're close enough to meet up, you can have one or two.

PM if you want.

The large Sennheiser clips are usually very sturdy, how about some electrical tape around the section of the body of the mic that sits within the clip, to increase the diameter and make it a tighter fit? Also tighten the screw to fix the angle, so there's no vertical movement.

Tried the Sennheiser and K&M. The C1000 would be too open at the top. picture someone holding a custom straight stand (i.e. no adjustment in the middle) by the joint of the stand to the clip and then swinging it round in a circle many times. This really sees some action and regularly requires replacement clips. We already use a lot of gaffer to ceate a full round sheath, I just wondered if anyone was aware of something extra strong.

Is the problem the clip breaking, or the mic falling out?

I really can't see a mic coming out the K&M one (short of hitting on the floor) however much one waves it around. But I do see that the clip may not support the force of the stand being swung about, if that's how it's being used.....

We have lost mics when hitting the floor :-)

Both of the issues that Mark mentions are the issue. Which as mentioned are mitigated by the liberal application of gaffer tape. The clip is seeing forces that were not intended in the design by being swung around and thrown into the air. It's not a major issue, I was just looking for a better solution that the copeous amounts of gaffer.

Maybe suggesting the "talent" pay for any broken mics would make him / her a bit more careful, assuming that you & the band aren't on a "we're so rich, coked-up & off our heads that we can afford to smash (someone else's?) expensive stuff every night just for fun" sized budget ??

Maybe suggesting the "talent" pay for any broken mics would make him / her a bit more careful, assuming that you & the band aren't on a "we're so rich, coked-up & off our heads that we can afford to smash (someone else's?) expensive stuff every night just for fun" sized budget ??

^^^ THIS.

The act being impersonated might have easily afforded broken stuff but a tribute act? Eh, that seems an unnecessary expense. The performer's actions also strike me as being on the violent side, as it takes a lot of force for a mic to come out of a Sennheiser wireless clip (at least the recently made clips).

Archived